Welcome to a logging package project!
the logging package is a port of the ubiquitous log4j.
it implements hierarchical logging, multiple handlers at a single logger, formattable log records...
What you find here behaves similarly to what you also find in Python's standard logging module.
Far from being comparable to a Python standard module, this tiny logging module does include
- hierarchic loggers,
- multiple handlers at each logger,
- the possibility to specify a formatter for each handler (one default formatter is given),
- same levels (names and numeric values) as Python's logging package,
- a simple basicConfig function to quickly put yourself in a usable situation...
have a look at a short introductory sample session.
or check a small collections of user hints.
This package owes a lot to
- my employers, who believe in open source,
- the stackoverflow community,
- Brian Lee Yung Rowe's futile package (v1.1),
- the r-forge people, "introduction to R", "writing R extensions", ...
- the documentation of the Python logging package.
The project summary page you can find here.
The released packages you can find here.